4 vs 4 / 3 vs 3 - 4 Goal Game
||DEVELOP POSSESSION SKILLS AND CHANGE OF DIRECTION UNDER PRESSURE
IMPROVE SUPPORT PLAY IN ATTACK AND DEFENCE
||25m x 20m
||5+ BALLS, 8+ CONES
- Free play in a 3v3/4v4 setting is important to player development - allowing practical use of the technical skills learned in a more structured drill setting.
- Regular directional game play in a 3v3 or 4v4 setting.
- Each team has 2 goals (gates) to score through. A goal is scored by either carrying or passing the ball through a gate.
- Players can go behind goal to possess the ball.
- Ball position for ball carrier to provide vision and passing options.
- Off-ball movement - create balance and space to attack.
- Change direction to attack the open goal.
- Focus on defensive footwork & skills. Pressuring the ball carrier without over-committing and getting eliminated.
- Be aware of defending both goals (and related dangerous space). Mark/cover space accordingly.
- Use the opportunity to double-team.
- Team (and individual players) should be able to maintain possession (protect the ball) and not be easily dispossessed.
- Players should be balanced in the space and be able to change direction with purpose.
- LTT: Suitable for LTT Stage. Open space wider and make goals bigger to make it easier to score.
- TTC & TTW: As this game is played at higher levels, more advanced concepts can be introduced. Focus on:
- -Marking/cover and risk taking with defensive position.
- -Recognize when an opponent is coming to double-team, and pass out of situation before closed down.
- -Overlapping and off-ball interchange movements.
- -Controlling tempo/pace of game.
[AUTOMATED BASED ON TAGS]
- 5v4 Numbers Game
- 2-touch/3-touch Game