Personal information in this policy will mean - information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that FHC does not own or control, or to people that FHC does not employ or manage. In addition, certain FHC associated companies such as Carlson Wagonlit Travel and Coaching Association of Canada, have their own privacy statements.
This policy will relate to:
- Information collection and use
- Information sharing and disclosure
- Confidentiality and security
Information Collection and Use
- FHC collects personal information when you register as a member with FHC, when you use FHC’s services and when you enter into special FHC programs, i.e., national teams, coaching, officiating, etc.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, languages, health status and personal interests. For some financial services we may also ask for your Social Insurance Number.
- FHC uses information for the following general purposes: to contact you, to fulfill your requests for services, improve our services, to protect the safety of participants, conduct research, and provide information to other related agencies, e.g., Media, Canadian Olympic Committee, Coaching Association of Canada, as required to implement our programs.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
FHC does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies/organizations except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with FHC. These organizations may use your personal information to communicate with you, however, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or put FHC at risk.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees or key volunteers, e.g., physicians, coaches, who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
FHC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in FHC’s database or by placing a prominent notice on our web site.